Monday, September 08, 2008

Are you jealous?

Forgot to mention that I made it to the Ask Moxie meetup yesterday! I got to meet hedra, and Ali, and One Tired Ema, and a whole lot of other cool women and men who I didn't manage to connect with their online personae. Partly because I would meet someone, introduce myself by my real name, and then before I got to explain what my online handle is (and they theirs) Bat Girl would run off to steal someone's stroller or climb a big rock or run right into a giant dog's face, and I'd have to dash off. Toddler-chasing is not so conducive to getting-to-know-you conversations. So if anyone out there was there but I didn't meet you properly, I was the one running after the stroller-obsessed toddler in the pink hat.

7 Comments:

Blogger sara said...

I'm glad you had a good meeting, it sounds fun.

1:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was cool to meet you. Said toddler is charming. :)

6:17 AM  
Blogger Thalia said...

Oh I'm very jealous! Glad you had such a good time.

Also very glad to know that hedra has a blog, I'd never noticed her having a link from her great comments at moxie's place.

3:48 PM  
Blogger Jody said...

Cool!

4:58 PM  
Blogger JV said...

Had a feeling it was you! We talked as you were leaving, about my baby being almost exactly 1 year younger than your leggy toddler :) I put two and two together after you had left, or I would have "introduced" myself. Well, whatever that means, since I am basically a lurker most of the time, and I don't keep my own blog. So it's not like I'm that relevant in the community! But I am an avid reader and have followed your story for a while, your blog being one of the first ones I got hooked on. Anyway, maybe next time. BG is adorable!
And well done on the car seat drama, that letter is very good and if it doesn't at least get your money back, I don't know what will... That is just crazy, I would have lost it on that flight attendant.

6:26 PM  
Blogger caramama said...

Oh, I'm jealous! Granted I've gotten to meet hedra and others at the DC Area get together, but I want to meet EVERYONE!!!

Toddler-chasing is exhausting and prohibitive of getting to know others. I totally understand.

2:49 PM  
Blogger OneTiredEma said...

Re: chasing. This was my express purpose for bringing my husband. I knew it, he knew it. I wasn't going to schlep down there alone with 2 & 4 and expect to have conversations.

(Did you notice most of the people who were relaxed either had a sleeping baby at home or a partner doing the chasing?!)

4:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home