Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Update and trash TV

So when I got home my husband clarified that the daycare did not call him, he called to see how BG was doing and they suggested that he might want to pick her up. Which is still bogus in my book, but I guess marginally better. I called this afternoon and the teacher's assistant told me that BG had had a good lunch, that she was napping (!), that they had gotten her to nap by rubbing her back and calming her down (!!) and that she hadn't needed a bottle (!!!) because she'd had milk with lunch. I want to believe it but it hardly seems possible, considering that for her entire 19 months of existence, we have been unable to get her to nap any other way but with a bottle and/or with stroller or car motion, but I suppose there's no reason they would lie about such thing. I have heard that daycare ladies can get children to do things they would never do for their parents, so maybe that's it. I'm sneaking out of work early to pick her up, we'll see how she is.

*****

Did anyone watch the new 90210 last night? I was totally disappointed. They did a good job nodding to us old-school fans (Hannah Zuckerman-Velasquez! Erin Silver! Nat! Kelly and Brenda!) but the show itself was not all that well written or acted. I know that series premieres are not necessarily indicative of how good the show will end up being (if you ever catch old reruns of the first season of Friends--oy, horrible!) but I know my teen TV, both good and trashy-good, and this didn't come close to, say, the series premieres of The O.C. or Gossip Girl.

Plus, when did girls get so damn skinny? I'm a skinny chick myself so I don't normally criticize this kind of thing, but all the young actresses on this show are SO tiny, it's rather disturbing.

I guess I'll watch next week just to see the Brenda story play out a little more, but then I think I'm done. Also, WTF happened to Shannen Doherty? Yikes.

3 Comments:

Blogger Aunt Becky said...

Totally did not watch 90210 last night, but I wish I had.

5:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I squealed at Hannah Zuckerman-Velasquez too! Also, I completely agree about the thinness--You could SEE THE SCENERY through the gaps between Annie's jean-clad thighs. Also, at "lunch" all she was shown eating was a salad and a Dr. Pepper. Sigh.

5:29 PM  
Blogger MoMo said...

Glad to hear that BG had a better day today.

And I was just saying the same thing to a girlfriend today...WTF happened to Shannen Doherty! She reminded me that she's had a hard life the last few years. Oh..okay. I am not sure how to feel about the show-last night was just okay-but not enough for me to say I will be a fan. I guess I just have to wait and see how it plays out. And yes they are all too darn skinny!!

9:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home