Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Things I am not loving right now

• Clear bra straps, especially when worn with strapless, halter, racerback, or other strap-revealing clothing. Just because something is see-through doesn't mean it's invisible, people. Your bra straps are still showing.

• Cabbage Patch Dolls. Why do they put a (probably toxic, phthalate-laden) scent on a doll? Why is the doll's head sticky? Why is the smell so strong it literally makes me gag? Why does my child love this horrible toy, so that I had to smuggle it out of the house in the middle of the night?

• Getting a stomach bug in the middle of a terrible heat wave. Nausea + vomiting + 98-degree heat = v. bad.

• Molars. Fuck molars.

5 Comments:

Blogger Aunt Becky said...

Eep.

Eep.

Eep.

3:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fuck molars right in the cornhole. Sideways. With a rusty pick axe. I am so OVER molars.

8:35 PM  
Blogger Antropóloga said...

Oh sucks. WAY sucks.

The clear bra straps are very popular in Spain. Or at least they were in 2002. I never got into it myself.

10:49 PM  
Blogger sara said...

So my mom pulled out a cabage patch doll from when my sister and I were little for my niece. It still has the baby powder smell to it. This has been more than 20 years ago, what do they put on those things? And my niece loves the old thing!

5:37 PM  
Blogger caramama said...

I totally remember that smell from the Cabbage Patch Kids when I was little. I remember loving that smell. Now, I can't imagine why!

And I'm with you on the molars. So so so with you!!!

2:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home