Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Adventures in hygiene

Bat Girl has developed this charming new habit of picking up some random bit of whatever and bringing it to us, saying, "What's this?" (Well, actually it sounds more like "Wassdis?" but we know what she means.) That is, it's charming when, say, we're in the park and she asks "Wassdis?" and I tell her it's a rock and she wanders around saying "Wock! Wock!" for the next 15 minutes. It was much less charming this morning when she handed me something and said "Wassdis?" and by the time I realized it was a small clump of cat litter--as in, cat litter that has hardened into a chunk because it has been PEED ON--she had already stuck her fingers into her mouth. Damn you, molars. Much scrubbing ensued.

*****

I was out of town for three days and my bloglines seems to have exploded. Pardon me while it takes me a week to catch up.

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Antropóloga said...

Been there. Yeah.

1:24 PM  
Blogger Aunt Becky said...

I second Eva's emotion.

1:40 PM  
Blogger MsPrufrock said...

Ha. They're great, aren't they?

P threw a piece of orange on the floor today during dinner, and I always make her pick up floor food and put it in the bin after she has finished. She picked it up, and when I asked her to put it in the bin, she said, "I eat it" and did. I suppose I should just be thankfully it wasn't used kitty litter, eh?

4:17 PM  
Blogger sara said...

Ha! That is so funny! Well, funny to me since I'm not the one cleaning up. My niece was over and picked up some dirty kleenex out of the trash and said look at this! Yuck, but at least she didn't get into our dog litter. I wonder if our little one will someday. Oh I'm sure..lots of adventures to be had. But I'm looking forward to them :-)

4:48 PM  
Blogger Caba said...

Oh, you constantly tell me about new things I have to look forward too ... Thanks. hehe.

8:53 PM  
Blogger MoMo said...

oh fun times. I have to email you about our trip...especially the chaingin poopy diaper on the plane...remember our lunch conversation?

11:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home