Monday, June 05, 2006

Dream weaver

You know how I was bragging about being so relaxed and mellow about this 2ww? Yeah, my subconscious would beg to disagree. Every night for the past three nights I have had a pregnancy/testing-related anxiety dream.

Friday night I dreamed I peed on a stick. (Why yes, my dreams are always this thrilling, why do you ask?) And it was positive! But I didn't believe it, so I kept peeing on more, until I had 10 double-lined FRERs arranged all over my bathroom counter. I would like to think that this is a comic exaggeration of how I would behave if I got a positive in real life...but sadly, no.

Saturday night I dreamed we were forced to undergo mandatory pregnancy testing at work. My results were inconclusive. (I believe the weird-looking high-tech thing I had to pee on had one and a half lines. Huh?)

Last night I dreamed that I was getting ready to tell my boss I was pregnant, and it was causing me huge amounts of stress. Obviously I must have some issues with revealing my reproductive status at work. I'm not sure why--I happen to have The Best Job In The World (TM), with a fantastic boss and a family-friendly atmosphere. But there you go--anxiety galore, bubbling up in my sleep.

SymptomWatch: Breast soreness has subsided a little, which I assume is the trigger shot leaving my system. Bloating and tenderness also subsiding. Constipation continues apace. I've been on metformin for seven months, so honestly, I didn't know it was even possible for me to ever be constipated again. But there you have it.

5 Comments:

Blogger Robber Barren said...

Maddening, the ways our minds mess with us!

11:32 AM  
Blogger Alli and Frankie said...

Ugh - I hope you are able to sleep soundly tonight!

2:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am also in the 2ww. It's so hard. Anything and everything could be a good sign or a bad sign. It's very frustrating. Hang in there.

3:14 PM  
Blogger MoMo said...

Oh sorry about the dreams. I hope they've stopped and you are starting to get some peaceful sleep. The 2ww is never easy. Hang in there.

5:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can you guess that I am having crazy dreams tonight = based on the time that I am posting this comment?
I think you've got me beat with the mandatory pregnancy test at the office though. Fingers are crossed.

2:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home