Thursday, March 23, 2006

CD12

Lining: 9.5 mm
Ovaries: multiple<10 mm

(Dear ovaries: Please join the party. Thank you. Love, electriclady.)

I said my goal for this cycle was to not get canceled, but it's not looking so hot right now. I'm supposed to go back in 4 days to see if anything happens, but I'm not optimistic.

Dr. S. was very chatty today, and he kept kind of waving the wand around looking at stuff ("Hey, your bladder is full! But you didn't need me to tell you that"). Maybe he felt like he had to do something, since he didn't get to measure any developing follicles. He did mention, after taking a pass at my uterus, that it doesn't have a "typical" UU appearance--"It looks much fuller, which is a good thing." That's nice to hear, I guess. He said that if nothing happens by Monday, next cycle we will go to 150 mg of Clomid. He also suggested doing very low dose injectibles, which is interesting considering that during my post-MRI followup he said he would recommend skipping injectibles altogether and going straight to IVF with single embryo transfer, given that we want to minimize the risk of multiples. I'm happy to try another step before IVF, but I would feel a lot more confident if he were at least consistent in his recommendations.

Oh well. I have consultations with two other clinics before the end of this cycle--one next Thursday, and one April 10. I'll be interested to see what these doctors recommend.

Today is my wedding anniversary. Nice to have disappointing news on your anniversary. We are also having a phenomenally shitty week, bad news wise, so I was really hoping for something good to come out of this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home