Tuesday, March 14, 2006

CD3

Lining: 7 mm
Ovaries: multiple<10 mm
Meds: start 100 mg Clomid tonight

And here we go again. My goal for this cycle is to not get canceled, unlike my last 2 attempts at IUI. You know you are in the thickets of Infertility Island when your fondest wish is to have the opportunity to have your husband's, er, plastic-cup product lovingly introduced to your uterus via catheter. Please sir, may I?

Typical clusterfuck at the RE's office. I had to call 3 times yesterday to speak to a nurse about when I could come in for baseline US--left messages at 10 am and 3 pm, getting increasingly anxious because I know they only check their messages between 9 and 4, then at 4:45 called the secretary and forced her to get a nurse to speak to me NOW. Perhaps I am too high-maintenance, but I don't think it's too much to ask to actually be called back once in a while.

Then this morning, I was given a stack of forms to fill out to have bloodwork done in preparation for IVF. Uh, but I'm only doing a Clomid cycle, say I. "Yes, this is just in case you end up doing IVF, it's our new policy." I tried to get out of it--it's not that I have any objection to having the tests done, it's just that I don't plan on ever doing IVF at this clinic (not telling them that) and I'd rather not have 7 vials of blood drawn if I don't have to, you know? But no, I must, they said. I did manage to get out of the genetic screening panel, because my husband and I actually had pre-conception genetic counseling (thanks to my issues) and have been tested for everything you can think of and a few things you can't.

I asked about getting copies of my records, too--I have a few pieces for my "go bag" (tm Moxie) but want to have the whole shebang for the consults I plan to have at two different clinics. They say it will take 2 weeks. Grr. I wanted to tell them, hand me the file and I will go down to K!nko's and photocopy it myself!

What else...for my get-me-the-hell-out-of-here consults, I have narrowed it down to two clinics (not the top 2 in the city--neither of them take my insurance--but both in the top 5) and a doctor at each. You know how I was so lazy about switching REs because my current place is a 3-minute walk from my office? Turns out that one of these new clinics is a 10-minute walk away, and the other one is RIGHT ACROSS THE STREET. I kid you not. I really need to stop whining about things being inconvenient--there are a lot of people who only have one ART facility in their whole state, for crying out loud, and I'm complaining when there are 3 top-tier clinics within a 10-block radius of my office? I'm also incredibly lucky to be living in the same city as one of the top IVF clinics in the country, so I do have lots of options available to me. I can't promise I will stop whining about other things, but the quality of medical care in this city will not be one of them. (The quality of medical care provided by specific incompetent or uncaring medical professionals, however, is free game.)

That's all for now, I guess. Over the weekend I ran into a woman I HATE and found out she is pregnant, but I'm over it now. Mostly. I got most of our tax information in order for our accountant. Nothing much else of interest, or at least nothing I can talk about right now. Will say more when I can.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home