Monday, December 04, 2006

Guess that sex ban is in place for a reason

Last week, I had a sex dream--can't remember the details, but that's not important. What's important is that as the dream concluded and I drifted half-awake, I had an in-my-sleep orgasm. (I had a LOT of dreamgasms in my first trimester, but haven't had any for a while, perhaps because I have been clamping down very hard on sex thoughts so as to make my current enforced celibacy more bearable. Remember, I haven't had sex since the night of my trigger shot, in late MAY.)

The dreamgasm was immediately followed by a GIGANTIC, insanely painful, minutes-long contraction, which woke me up and actually made me cry out in pain. The worst contraction I have ever experienced, in my 14 weeks of contraction craziness.

So I guess my doctor wasn't overreacting when she told me I can't have sex until I reach full-term.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay I am now 35 weeks and still have not had sex since my ovulation date in April. So I totally understand where you are coming from by the time you are able to have sex you won't want to anymore.

4:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dreamgasms can be great--but not in this case! Now how exactly are you supposed to keep it from happening again???

4:42 PM  
Blogger Yvette A said...

Oh yes I have had those dreams with my last pg (had them quiet abit) and just a few times with this pg.

Like you dh & I have stayed away from SEX....

It is amazing what dreams and hormons can do.

Hang in there.

9:02 PM  
Blogger May said...

Oh, the deprivation... I feel your pain. The plus side to this is that once the sex ban gets lifted, sex becomes a powerful tool for going into labor in order to escape the torture of trying to carry around a big pregnant belly after months in bed. I lasted about four days after finally being released from the hospital at not quite 36 weeks. I demanded my husband do his best to help me get this baby out of me at last. I was in active labor and on the way to the hospital within 6 hours. Worked like a charm.

11:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. I had a lot of intense sex dreams, but no in-my-sleep orgasms. I'm a little jealous. (But not of the contraction afterwards. Oof.

8:02 AM  
Blogger TeamWinks said...

Where do I sign up to have one of those dreams!?! I want to know how you are supposed to keep that from happening again. It makes sense you had a contraction from it though, since your muscles contract during an orgasm.

9:15 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

Wow!! And I thought the 3 1/2 weeks I have gone without was bad!! Hang in there girl!!

1:55 PM  
Blogger K. Chaos said...

I am 22 weeks and 3 days, and had my first dreamgasm last weekend.....I woke up wondering if I tried to hump my husbands leg or something, and he was clueless to what was occurring lol. I'm glad to know that this is a thing though..

3:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home