Monday, January 03, 2011

Everything old is new again

Funny how I still have my clinic's phone number memorized, even though it's been over a year since my last failed cycle.

Yep, we're officially diving back in. What it amounts to is this: I just turned 37. Bat Girl is about to turn 4. My husband will be 40 this spring. We want another baby. My eggs ain't getting any younger. And incidentally, those Gonal-F pens I stockpiled in 2009 are going to start expiring next month. (Though at this point I might not even use them, since my new insurance will cover meds and I do feel a little weird about using meds that are about to expire and that have been sitting next to some aging kimchi for the last 13 months.)

I do have insurance coverage for IF treatment now...but my current plan has a lifetime limit of 3 IUIs and 3 IVFs. Since IVF is still off the table, that means we basically have 3 more chances. That's...a lot of pressure. At the same time, though, I'm not sure I have more than 3 cycles in me, given that I'm still shuddering a little at the thought of another injection.

So perhaps this is our last chance. I have a weird superstition that I might get pregnant in March, because the last time I got pregnant I had been at a new job for 9 months, which meant I told my boss I was pregnant right before my 1-year anniversary. And in March, I will have been at my current job for 9 months. I know it's stupid, but we have to hold on to our stupid little fancies so we can get through the day, right?

Appointment with Dr. SF in two weeks to talk details. Yikes.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Jillian said...

What an optimistic, exciting decision. I look forward to cheering you on.

1:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home