Monday, January 29, 2007

Full term

Well, I'll be damned.

Yesterday I reached 37 weeks, which, I'm told, makes Bat Girl officially full term. How the hell did that happen?

Way back in July, when it seemed like I bled every time I moved, or in October, when I was contracting like crazy and being put on bed rest, if you had told me that I would actually carry this pregnancy to term, I would never have believed you. I would never have believed that having contractions every 10 minutes would become a way of life for months on end; that I would eventually get used to spending my days alone and not leaving my apartment for a week at a time; that I would be here, at the end of January, with a pink-festooned nursery (though I still choke on the word, "nursery") and stacks of baby clothes and diapers and a car seat/stroller that I can look at without making a sign to ward off the evil eye; that, in short, I would be here, at 37 weeks, with every indication that, hey, this pregnancy thing might just work out after all.

It's been a hell of a ride, that's for sure.

11 Comments:

Blogger Thalia said...

You are living hope for infertiles everywhere! I'm so glad you got to this stage. Keeping it all crossed for the next few weeks!

11:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woohoo! I am so proud of you and your uterus. It looks like you might be having a baby or something!

12:38 PM  
Blogger Lollipop Goldstein said...

May it be an easy labour and delivery--something needs to go easy! Congratulations on making it to term.

2:38 PM  
Blogger MsPrufrock said...

37 weeks, woo hoo! Well done BatGirl and mom-to-be.

2:40 PM  
Blogger Me said...

OMG you & BatGirl made it, go the UU! What a massive relief to hit this milestone, happy c-sectioning in the very near future.

5:23 PM  
Blogger Watson said...

YIPPEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6:13 PM  
Blogger MoMo said...

Congratulations!! 37 weeks that is just awesome!

6:49 PM  
Blogger queen said...

Very good job! Well done, City Girl!

7:44 PM  
Blogger TeamWinks said...

We've been along for the ride, and now how tough it has been for you. Congrats!

9:48 PM  
Blogger ~M~ said...

Congrats on making it so long! You've done a great job and now you've got a beautiful girl to look forward to!

9:24 AM  
Blogger May said...

Hooray! How fabulous! I'm so excited for you and BatGirl. Not the pregnancy anyone wants, but you sure can't beat going full term. Give your uterus a pat on the back from me. (Do uteruses have backs? Sure they do...)

12:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home